Monday, September 29, 2008

new book with...inspiration....

Today I bought this book; Material obsession by Kathy Doughty and Sarah Fielke and I like it very much. I share their ideas about traditional patterns and blocks with bright fabrics in a modern setting. The quilts are simple to sew, but the colours are just my thing. I love their view about patchwork and quilting and the use of colour. There are pictures of their shop in Sydney, I am sorry that it is not just around the corner.....

And yes: I finished a quilt.... the quilt is shown here. Last week it was my little son's second birthday and that was a good deadline to finish this so it could be his quilt present! I decided to make him a quilt every year.....for the upcoming 10 years? I think the next has to be with cars and trains. I am thinking of a design using the bircks of Duplo as inspiration. (bricks with little buttons to give the image of the little dots on the plastic bricks).
The design for this quilt is coming from the book Cut-loose quilts from Jan Mullen. It is an Australian night!

No comments:

Post a Comment