Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back in town

Birmingham was full of quiltinspiration for me! A lot of quilts, shops and demo's. I can not tell you all at once, but one of the interesting places was the corner with young textile students. They got the opportunity to show their work. My favorite is Naomi Cotrufo (www.artsfringe.org.uk for more information about her). She works with paper and fabrics and creates sweet things. I asked her permission to show her work here! It remembers me of my childhood, the books and soft colours. It makes me smile!
Look what you can do with an empty box, scraps and the most important thing: inspiration and creativity.

This little piece of work was really cute. To find her weblog: embroidered fancies!
Later this week more about thinks I find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment