Wednesday, September 3, 2008

quilting is hot....

I have been so busy with preparing the shop for the start of the season that there was no time to quilt, to write or whatever.... Also after the start last saturday a lot of people came in to buy a lot of fabrics...and there are these new quilters: starting at the end of the month with their first course. I warned them, they got addicted....but it is very nice to see their enthousiasm, the surprise when they look at samplers...are we gonna make a whole quilt, not a bag or something small? I am very happy to share my passion with new quilters...there is a whole new world for them, with a new vocabulaire like: sandwich, log cabin, paperpiecing, patchwork and quilting (what is the difference....) and fat quarters! I think it is hot at the moment, just like knitting, it is allowed to sew.
And when I start a new course I always remember the moment I bought my first real patchwork fabrics and how difiicult it was to make a choice, but also exciting and sometimes I think: after all these years, I still love it to work with fabrics and I have so much ideas, how is it all possible and how would it be to quilt also the next 40 years....?

No comments:

Post a Comment