Monday, July 5, 2010

Finished quilt


I finished the quilt I talked about friday. At midnight the binding was ready. The last thing I had to do on sunday morning was the last part of the binding by hand and a label.
Today my sister was here to pick up a lot of baby-stuff. My attic has a little more space now.
My sister is living in Dublin at the moment and asked for some green at the quilt. My mom and I choose a lot of greens, some bright colours and a little bit of orange, our national colour. My mom did all the patchwork, with a pattern from Jan Mullen as inspiration. I did all the quiltwork on my machine (normal size) and choose to use the shamrock, symbol of Ireland. On the back of the quilt you can see patchwork as well: big blocks, familair to the blocks on the top.

De quilt waar in vrijdag nog hard aan moest werken in de bloedhitte is af! Vandaag heb ik deze aan mijn zus gegeven als cadeau voor de baby die verwacht wordt. Ze had gevraagd om iets met groen....mijn moeder en ik hebben daar nog veel meer kleuren bijgezocht en een beetje hollands oranje toegevoegd.
Mijn zus woont op dit moment in Ierland en voor het quiltwerk is de shamrock gebruikt, symbool van Ierland. Het patchwork is van mijn moeders hand, het quiltwerk heb ik op de machine gedaan...een gewone machine, ook dat gaat best goed bij een grote quilt, als je maar geduld hebt en veel kilometers maakt.

1 comment:

  1. Dat hebben jullie samen mooi gefikst. Erg leuk geworden. Nu hoeft ze alleen de baby nog maar te krijgen, hoeveel werk kan dat nou nog zijn...................

    ReplyDelete