Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A day at the quiltshop

My quiltshop is in the centre of 's-Hertogenbosch, less than 10 minutes walk from the central train station. At this time of the year that gives a lot of tourists. If you are a quilt tourist: start at home to make yourself a wishlist...once I was at a terrific shop in Copenhagen and could not decide what to buy... I came out without a souvenir. It is more thand 10 yeard ago, but still I can feel the frustration...I promised myself that this would never happen again. Next holiday I had a very simple list: buy some red or children's fabric.It works! You have a goal and you can buy something at each shop you visit. Do not make your wishes complex: not for a specific quilt you have in mind, just souvenirs as a start for a new quilt.

Part of the fun having a shop and teaching is to see a lot of quilts you did not make, but your students did. Last week I saw to results of courses. I am proud by the results. Well done!

Mijn quiltwinkel is op 10 minuten lopen van het station in het centrum van 's-Hertogenbosch en in de zomer komen er veel toeristen. Een tip als je op vakantie gaat: maak vooraf een wensenlijstje. Niets zo frustrerend als niet kunnen kiezen in een prachtige winkel en zonder een lapje naar buiten komen. Dit is mij lang geleden overkomen en ik kan nog de frustratie voelen. Zo veel moois en niets gekocht. De jaren daarop bedacht ik thuis steeds wat ik zou willen kopen: bijvoorbeeld rode stoffen of kinderstoffen. Er is dan altijd een doel, zonder dat het te specifiek is en aan veel eisen moet voldoen.

Onderdeel van het plezier om een winkel te hebben en les te geven is de resultaten van cursisten te zien. Vorige week een paar resultaten. Ik ben trots op jullie: goed gedaan!

No comments:

Post a Comment